Important Information and Reminders
Posted: October 3rd, 2017
Good morning Families!
We have lots of important information and October reminders to share. Kindly take a moment to review these details, so you’re in the loop with the latest and greatest:
* Sunshine for Florida – The Holz Center is hosting a fundraiser event to help local families with special needs in our community who were affected by Hurricane Irma. Art will be created by children, transformed into digital format and sold to raise funds to help local families. Spaces are limited for this event – please register at http://sunshineforflorida.eventbrite.com.
Event dates and times are as follows:
Friday, September 29th from 10:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday, September 30th from 10:00am – 2:00pm
* Parent Survey – We sent home a Parent Survey last week requesting your feedback to gauge how we are doing and open a new conversation for any opportunities for growth for the Academic and Clinical Teams. If you could complete the survey and return it to your student’s teacher by the end of this week (9/29/17) please. Your input is vital in this process for our improvement. Thank you in advance for your time and valuable insight.
* Parent / Teacher Conference – We have a sign-up sheet for each classroom in the PBA lobby for the conference times for Tuesday, October 3rd. This is a fantastic time to meet one-on-one with your child’s teacher to touch base on performance and address any questions or concerns you may have. If you are unable to make it to the building we invite you to call in and we will gladly complete the sign-up on your behalf and confirm the appointment time for your conference.
* Back to School night – This has been rescheduled to Thursday, October 5th from 6:30pm – 8:00pm. This is a family event and we encourage your participation. Please take a few minutes to stop in to your child’s classroom to meet with the teacher and see what splendid work they’ve been doing!
* While you’re here for Back to School night please visit:
- The school’s scholastic book fair! We earn with each purchase made to put books back in to the classroom library. You can also make purchases online anytime between now and October 4th.
- We will have a table set up for our PTO as well! PTO will be glad to assist in answering any questions you may have and volunteer opportunities and fundraisers that are coming up!
- Lu La Roe will be here to sell their super comfy clothing – all purchases made benefit the school 100%! The holidays are right around the corner and this might be the perfect gift idea for you or your loved ones!
* Award winning children’s author Kentrell Martin will be at our school on October 12th for classroom book readings which will include sign-language and autographs! We will be sending more information out separately in short-order.
* Parent Training will take place on October 19th from 6:30pm – 7:30pm at the Holz Center. This month’s topic is on “Social Skills: setting up play date scenarios”. Please sign-up in our lobby to let us know that you will be there. While there will not be childcare offered – only one parent needs to attend to receive credit for participating.
* Special Olympics – Children of all abilities can participate and they all benefit. There are two programs: Special Olympics Young Athletes Program (YAP) and the Little Elite form (groupings are based on age). The registration form was sent home in the back packs. If you need another copy, please let us know. If you’d like your child to participate simply complete the form and return this back to PBA. If you have any additional questions, please let us know and we will gladly further assist.
Please mark your calendar for these important dates:
* Early dismissal will take place on October 16th. All students will need to be picked up no later than 1:30pm. This includes any students who normally participate in Aftercare Enrichment, Therapy and or our Mind-Craft club.
* Hurricane make-up days will take place on November 11th and December 22nd. Please plan to have your student arrive to school by 8:00am for their academic day!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Administrative Team. We are always happy to help!
Puzzle Box Academy Team